SR Socially Relevant™ Film Festival NY comes to Cinema Village over the weekend from Friday, March 18th to Sunday, March 20. The Saturday program includes A block of shorts on Youth and Children, Let's Do This Differently, Doc Feature - Poppy, Narrative Feature - Smudge (dance) and Les Libres, Doc Feature - The River You Step In, Narrative Feature - A Handful Of Water, Narrative Feature
MANHATTAN, N.Y. - March 15, 2022 - PRLog -- [NEW YORK, NY] Cinema Village is again the home of SR Socially Relevant™ Film Festival, NY - SRFF2022. The Saturday, March 19th program includes four short films, two docs, and a narrative feature. A Q&As follow each session.
- Block of Short Films #2 Youth and Children at 12:00 PM
- Let's Do This Differently - Documentary Feature - Directed by Annette Ernst | Germany | 97 min at 1:00 PM, Q&A moderated by Linda Selman
- Poppy - Narrative Feature - Directed by Linda Niccol | New Zealand | 95 min at 3:00 PM, Q&A a video message by the director.
- Smudge - Narrative Short - Directed by Pepper O'Bomsawin | Canada | 5 min at 5:00 PM,
- Les Libres - Documentary Feature - Directed by Nicolas Lévesque | Canada | 94 min at 5:00 PM, Q&A
- The River You Step In - Narrative Feature - Directed by Jon Michaelson | Canada | 100 min at 7:00 PM, Q&A moderated by Ching Juhl
- A Handful Of Water - Narrative Feature - Directed by Jakob Zapf | Germany | 95 min at 9:00 PM, Q&A moderated by Dirk Robertson
Tickets are $12 purchased online here or $15 at the cinema.
Detailed on the website under SRFF 2022. Press accreditation portal. Sponsorships are welcome here
"In these difficult times, the wonderful films made by the dedicated filmmakers offer us the added bonus of learning about the human condition, and filmmaking. Engaging an audience is the first step towards awareness leading to social change." Said Festival Founding Artistic Director Nora Armani.
SRFF was founded by Actress/ Filmmaker Nora Armani in 2013 as a response to the proliferation of violence in media and entertainment. SRFF believes in the power of film in raising awareness of social issues and promoting positive social change. Over 12 social issues and topics are depicted. SRFF believes that positive social change can happen through the impact of Socially Relevant™films on society.
During its first eight years, SRFF has showcased over 550 films from 35 countries. This year, a roster of 64 selected films is on offer, including narrative films, documentaries, and shorts from 38 countries. The Lockdown category renders homage to the memory of the victims of the pandemic. New categories are Children's Films, Web series, and animation. Online discussions and Meetings with the Filmmakers complement the program.
More information here (http://www.ratedsrfilms.org), or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos: (Click photo to enlarge)
Read Full Story - SR Socially Relevant™Film Festival NY is at Cinema Village - Check the Saturday March 19 program | More news from this source
Press release distribution by PRLog