Garmin® International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), today announced a multiyear agreement to become the Official Equipment Supplier of the top-ranked University of New Mexico track and field and cross-country teams through the spring 2024 season.
“The University of New Mexico is home to highly accomplished track and field and cross-country runners from around the world, and we are thrilled to welcome these college athletes to the Garmin family,” said Susan Lyman, Garmin vice president of global consumer marketing. “This is the first time in Garmin’s history that we have provided equipment to college running teams, and we look forward to supporting the Lobos and being a part of their continued success.”
The University of New Mexico Lobos track and field and cross-country teams boast 25 Mountain West team championships, 10 NCAA individual champions, two NCAA team champions and more. The 2021-22 track and field roster is comprised of 22 men and 50 women, while the cross country team includes 10 men and 30 women.
"We are excited about our new agreement with Garmin. To have the best in fitness tracking time pieces support our men's and women's teams is amazing,” said Joe Franklin, University of New Mexico track and field and cross-country head coach. “Our main goal as a program is to help provide every opportunity for our students to be successful at the highest levels and this relationship will allow us to continue to strive for NCAA excellence and championships."
Athletes from the Lobos track and field and cross-country teams will use Garmin running watches, accessories and tools for training and racing, including:
- Forerunner® 55: An affordable and easy-to-use GPS smartwatch that lets runners track their time, distance, speed, pace and heart rate from their wrist while also offering daily suggested workouts, all-day activity tracking and health, wellness and connected features.
- Forerunner 245: A GPS smartwatch that evaluates performance stats such as V02 Max, training status and more while offering recovery insights, daily suggested workouts and health and wellness features.
- Running Dynamics Pod: An unobtrusive pod that clips to the waistband to measure running dynamics, including cadence, ground contact time and stride length.
- HRM-Pro™: A premium heart rate monitor that transmits real-time heart rate data to a compatible Garmin device or online training apps, while also capturing running dynamics.
- Garmin Clipboard™ Coaching app: A free, all-in-one solution where coaches can review and compare their team’s stats, track performance trends and more from a compatible smart device.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized life for runners, cyclists, swimmers and athletes of all levels and abilities. Committed to developing technology that helps people stay active and elevate performance, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. Other Garmin fitness brands include Tacx® and Firstbeat Analytics™. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at garmin.com/newsroom, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow us at facebook.com/garminfit, twitter.com/garminnews, instagram.com/garminfitness, youtube.com/garmin or linkedin.com/company/garmin.
About Garmin International, Inc. Garmin International, Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN). Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin, Forerunner and Tacx are registered trademarks and Firstbeat Analytics, HRM-Pro and Garmin Clipboard are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on Forward-Looking Statements:
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 26, 2020, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0-31983). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at https://www.garmin.com/en-US/company/investors/earnings/. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.