SOURCE: Republic ServicesDESCRIPTION:
With the Republic Services Charitable Foundation’s (Foundation) National Neighborhood Promise® program, we made the promise to help rebuild, revitalize and restore places and spaces in need, ultimately creating stronger neighborhoods in the communities we serve.
Recently, our local teams have supported multiple National Neighborhood Promise grant recipients with time and in-kind resources to help complete critical projects.
- Half Moon Bay, CA: Rebuilding Together Peninsula utilized their National Neighborhood Promise grant from the Foundation to complete revitalization efforts at Abundant Grace Coastside Worker, an organization that supports individuals who are at risk for homelessness. The efforts included transforming the garage space into additional storage and completing kitchen renovations. Additionally, our local team volunteered to support the project and helped complete outdoor beautification projects at the facility.
- Huntington, IN: To support a local community hub, Pathfinder Services leveraged a grant to support projects at the Huntington Arts and Entrepreneurial Center. In partnership with Pathfinder Services, local Republic Services volunteers completed many projects at the center including assembling picnic tables, filling planter boxes, hanging lights, and more.
- New Orleans, LA: The local Republic Services team in New Orleans partnered with Rebuilding Together New Orleans (RTNO) to help build a community garden in the Claiborne Corridor as part of a larger effort by RTNO to revitalize the local neighborhood. The new garden will now serve as a space for neighbors to gather, educate youth on healthy eating practices and provide a source of food in a local food desert.
- Pittsburgh, PA: Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh and Republic Services partnered to help revitalize the Wilkinsburg neighborhood through a critical project with Hosanna House, which is a local health and human services community center. Revitalization efforts kicked off on June 25 with help from Republic Services volunteers, who cleaned up the outdoor space around the center and prepared the space for future work.
- St. Paul, MN: With support from the Foundation, Rebuilding Together Twin Cities partnered with local organizations to invest in the historic Rondo neighborhood. More than 60 Republic Services volunteers helped revitalization efforts by building planters, installing pavers, and completing other critical projects in the garden. When the revitalization project is complete, the space at the Rondo Commemorative Plaza will provide the community with an enhanced resource to gather, perform, and celebrate cultural heritage.
Our local teams’ efforts aren’t stopping with these projects or the projects that we supported in May. Throughout the year, our local teams will continue to support National Neighborhood Promise 2020 and 2021 grant recipients.
In addition to supporting neighborhood revitalization projects, in 2020 the Republic Services Charitable Foundation contributed $3 million to three national nonprofit partners through the Committed to Serve initiative. This contribution has funded grants to 29 affiliates across the country to support more than 135 small business revitalization projects during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To learn more about the Republic Services Charitable Foundation, visit republicservices.com/giving.
Tweet me: .@RepublicService Charitable Foundation’s (Foundation) National Neighborhood Promise® program promises to help rebuild, revitalize and restore places and spaces in need, ultimately creating stronger neighborhoods in the communities we serve. https://bit.ly/3iQTw5a
KEYWORDS: NYSE:RSG, Republic Services