E*TRADE Financial Holdings, LLC today announced enhancements to its Bond Resource Center (BRC), adding to its award-winning platform.1 With nearly a third of retail investors (31%) noting they are currently invested in bonds, according to E*TRADE’s tracking study of experienced investors 2, the enhanced BRC is designed to be a one-stop shop for all customers from the novice investor to the most experienced fixed income trader. The comprehensive experience offers easy-to-navigate and customizable capabilities making it even easier to execute trades, uncover fixed income ideas, and access exhaustive educational content. Enhancements include:
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210525005890/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)
- New screening functionality for beginner and advanced bond traders.
- The redesigned Advanced Screener offers additional search criteria to supplement existing screeners, allowing customers to construct more comprehensive searches. Investors can save searches and quickly reference recent scans in the new widget to find investment opportunities faster than before.
- The new Green Bond Search displays municipal market offerings focused on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) initiatives.
- The new Quick Ideas tool provides examples aligned with common bond investing objectives for those seeking conservative, high yield, or tax advantaged securities.
- The new Sector Activity Search allows customers to visualize and review offerings from the top traded issuers in the most active sectors in corporate bonds.
- Customizable fixed income charts. On the Corporates page, the enhanced scatter graph plots offerings from the top five actively traded issuers—or customers can plot their own custom issuer search. The yield curves are now interactive and can be toggled on or off. On the muni side, the scatter graph will now default to the customer’s state of residence and plot the top yielding offerings. The redesigned muni map now has a state hover-over feature to quickly see state-specific information.
- Robust and tailored educational resources. The new Corporate and Municipal Market News allows customers to curate news based on custom searches or view articles specific to their bond holdings. Educational resources live throughout each page of the BRC for quick access to bond resources and FAQs. On the Muni Page, a new widget provides customers direct access to curated education from the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) library. The new dedicated Tools and Resources page acts as a centralized hub with access points to all available fixed income tools and educational content.
- Access the BRC on-the-go. For customers who prefer mobile or tablet access, the redesigned Bond Resource Center is mobile responsive, arming users with fixed income resources at their fingertips.
“Bonds can be a particularly opaque area of the market,” said Deniz Ozgenc, Executive Director of Financial Product Management at E*TRADE Financial. “With the new Bond Resource Center, we’re making fixed income investing more approachable through easy navigation and educational resources at every turn. Whether a customer is just starting out or a seasoned bond trader, the BRC encompasses tools for wherever an investor stands in their investing journey. As investors become more engaged with the market, customizable and curated experiences are pivotal.”
E*TRADE aims to enhance the financial independence of traders and investors through a powerful digital offering and professional guidance. To learn more about E*TRADE’s trading and investing platforms and tools, visit etrade.com.
For useful trading and investing insights from E*TRADE, follow the company on Twitter, @ETRADE.
- In StockBrokers.com's 2021 Online Broker Review, E*TRADE received the #1 Trader App, #1 Options Trading, and #1 Web Trading Platform awards. In addition, E*TRADE received nine Best in Class distinctions: Overall, Mobile Trading, Offering of Investments, Options Trading, Banking, Beginners, IRAs, Futures Trading, and Active Trading. E*TRADE earned 4.5 out of 5 star ratings overall.
- E*TRADE’s StreetWise survey was conducted from April 1 to April 12 of 2021 among an online US sample of 957 self-directed active investors who manage at least $10,000 in an online brokerage account. The survey has a margin of error of ±3.20 percent at the 95 percent confidence level. It was fielded and administered by Dynata. The panel is broken into thirds of active (trade more than once a week), swing (trade less than once a week but more than once a month), and passive (trade less than once a month). The panel is 60% male and 40% female, with an even distribution across online brokerages, geographic regions, and age bands.
About E*TRADE Financial Holdings, LLC and Important Notices
E*TRADE Financial Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries provide financial services including brokerage and banking products and services to retail customers. Securities products and services, including the Bond Resource Center, are offered by E*TRADE Securities LLC (Member SIPC). Commodity futures and options on futures products and services are offered by E*TRADE Futures LLC (Member NFA). Managed Account Solutions are offered through E*TRADE Capital Management, LLC, a Registered Investment Adviser. Bank products and services are offered by E*TRADE Bank, and RIA custody solutions are offered by E*TRADE Savings Bank, both of which are national federal savings banks (Members FDIC). More information is available at www.etrade.com.
System response and account access times may vary due to a variety of factors, including trading volumes, market conditions, system performance, and other factors.
The information provided herein is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered investment advice. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
E*TRADE Financial, E*TRADE, and the E*TRADE logo are registered trademarks of E*TRADE Financial Holdings, LLC. ETFC-G
Strategies that incorporate impact investing and/or Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors could result in relative investment performance deviating from other strategies or broad market benchmarks, depending on whether such sectors or investments are in or out of favor in the market. As a result, there is no assurance ESG strategies could result in more favorable investment performance.
© 2021 E*TRADE Financial Holdings, LLC, a business of Morgan Stanley. All rights reserved.