SOURCE: America's CharitiesDESCRIPTION:
Employees still want to support their local communities through volunteerism, and yet, ever-changing public health protocols have forced many of these opportunities online which are difficult for large groups to navigate. How do you find high-quality programming that supports company-wide social impact goals? More importantly, how do you create the high-energy environment that your employees have grown accustomed to from in-person events?
The good news is — whether your employees volunteer in-person or virtually — the same tried and true best practices still apply. We’re kicking off National Volunteer Month by reviewing these tips and highlighting additional lessons we’ve learned this year. In addition to learning from the teams at America’s Charities and Give To Get, you’ll also receive a complimentary copy of America's Charities employee volunteer guide, "How to Elevate Employee Engagement and Community Impact.”
Throughout the program, you will learn:
- How to determine the best type of virtual project for your group based on number of volunteers, interests, location, and availability
- The benefits and drawbacks of various virtual programs such as:
- Skills-based / project-based volunteering
- Skills-based / one-on-one interactions
- Hands-on / group volunteering
- Tips to create an engaging environment for your volunteers regardless of the project such as:
- Driving and tracking program participation
- Seamless event flow and pacing
- Creating connection between volunteers and nonprofit partners
- Channeling post-event energy into more action
The webinar will include case studies, interactive elements and allow for plenty of question-and-answer time to ensure that attendees feel confident hosting their next event!
About Us: America’s Charities inspires employees and organizations to support the causes they care about by helping nonprofits fundraise unrestricted, sustainable dollars through the workplace, and helps employers achieve their giving, engagement, and social impact goals. Since 1980, America’s Charities has been a pioneer in giving and engagement.
About Our Partner: Give To Get is a social impact company with 25 years of experience defining, developing, and deploying employee volunteer programs around the globe.
Tweet me: How do you host successful employee volunteer events despite the pandemic? Join @Amercharities + @gv2gt April 8 for case studies, lessons learned, & learn how to create an engaging environment for employees whether they #volunteer in-person or #virtual. http://impact.ac/3qZQmhg
KEYWORDS: America's Charities, Give To Get, virtual volunteering