SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
Proxy Statement Pursuant to Section 14(a) of the
Securities Exchange Act of 1934
(Amendment No. )
Filed by the Registrant ☒ Filed by a Party other than the Registrant ☐
Check the appropriate box:
|☐||Preliminary Proxy Statement|
|☐||Confidential, for Use of the Commission Only (as permitted by Rule 14a-6(e)(2))|
|☐||Definitive Proxy Statement|
|☒||Definitive Additional Materials|
|☐||Soliciting Material Pursuant to §240.14a-12|
(Name of Registrant as Specified In Its Charter)
(Name of Person(s) Filing Proxy Statement, if Other Than the Registrant)
Payment of Filing Fee (Check the appropriate box):
|☒||No fee required.|
|☐||Fee computed on table below per Exchange Act Rules 14a-6(i)(1) and 0-11.|
Title of each class of securities to which transaction applies:
Aggregate number of securities to which transaction applies:
Per unit price or other underlying value of transaction computed pursuant to Exchange Act Rule 0-11 (set forth the amount on which the filing fee is calculated and state how it was determined):
Proposed maximum aggregate value of transaction:
Total fee paid:
|☐||Fee paid previously with preliminary materials.|
|☐||Check box if any part of the fee is offset as provided by Exchange Act Rule 0-11(a)(2) and identify the filing for which the offsetting fee was paid previously. Identify the previous filing by registration statement number, or the Form or Schedule and the date of its filing.|
Amount Previously Paid:
Form, Schedule or Registration Statement No.:
*** Exercise Your Right to Vote ***
Important Notice Regarding the Availability of Proxy Materials for the
Shareholder Meeting to be Held on February 7, 2018.
C/O CORPORATE SECRETARY
161 N. CLARK STREET
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60601
Meeting Type: Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
For holders as of: December 11, 2017
Date: February 7, 2018 Time: 12:00 pm, local time
Location: The Dock
7 Hanover Quay
Grand Canal Dock
Dublin 2, Ireland
For directions to the meeting, please contact:
c/o Accenture, 161 N. Clark Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601, USA
You are receiving this communication because you hold shares in Accenture plc.
This is not a ballot. You cannot use this notice to vote these shares. This communication presents only an overview of the more complete proxy materials that are available to you on the Internet. You may view the proxy materials online at www.proxyvote.com, scan the QR Barcode on the reverse side, or easily request a paper copy (see reverse side).
We encourage you to access and review all of the important information contained in the proxy materials before voting.
|See the reverse side of this notice to obtain proxy materials and voting instructions.|
|Before You Vote|
|How to Access the Proxy Materials|
|Materials Available to VIEW or RECEIVE:|
|The 2017 Proxy Statement, Notice of Annual Meeting and Annual Report for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2017 (the Proxy Materials) and our 2017 Irish financial statements.|
|How to View Online:|
|Have the information that is printed in the box marked by the arrow (located on the following page) and visit: www.proxyvote.com, or scan the QR Barcode below.|
|How to Request and Receive a PAPER or E-MAIL Copy:|
If you want to receive a paper or e-mail copy of the Proxy Materials, or proxy materials for future shareholder meetings, you must request one.
There is NO charge for requesting a copy. Please choose one of the following methods to make your request:
1) BY INTERNET:
2) BY TELEPHONE:
3) BY E-MAIL*:
* To request a paper copy of the Proxy Materials for the current meeting by e-mail, please send a blank e-mail with the information that is printed in the box marked by the arrow (located on the following page) in the subject line. Please note that this e-mail will not register your preferences for future shareholder meetings. In addition, requests, instructions and other inquiries sent to this e-mail address will NOT be forwarded to your investment advisor.
Please make all requests as instructed above on or before January 24, 2018 to facilitate timely delivery in advance of the meeting.
|How To Vote||
|Please Choose One of the Following Voting Methods|
|Vote By Internet: Go to www.proxyvote.com, or from a smart phone, scan the QR Barcode above. Have the information that is printed in the box marked by the arrow (located on the following page) available and follow the instructions.|
|Vote By Mail: You can vote by mail by requesting a paper copy of the Proxy Materials, which will also include a proxy card.|
|Vote In Person: You may attend the meeting, or send a personal representative with an appropriate proxy, to vote by poll card at the meeting. Please follow the instructions below under Shareholder Meeting Registration. Please contact: Corporate Secretary, c/o Accenture, 161 N. Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60601, USA, for additional information about sending a personal representative on your behalf.|
Shareholder Meeting Registration: At the entrance to the meeting, we will request to see your admission ticket and valid photo identification, such as a drivers license or passport. We encourage you to request an admission ticket in advance of the meeting. You may request admission tickets by visiting www.proxyvote.com and following the instructions provided. You will need the 16-digit control number printed in the box marked by the arrow .. If you do not request an admission ticket in advance, we will request to see proof of share ownership at the entrance to the meeting. Please refer to the proxy statement for additional details.
Accenture plc (Accenture)
The Board of Directors recommends that you vote FOR each director nominee included in Proposal No. 1 and FOR each of the other proposals.
Re-appointment of the following nominees to the
Board of Directors:
1a. Jaime Ardila
1b. Charles H. Giancarlo
1c. Herbert Hainer
1d. Marjorie Magner
1e. Nancy McKinstry
1f. Pierre Nanterme
1g. Gilles C. Pélisson
1h. Paula A. Price
1i. Arun Sarin
1j. Frank K. Tang
1k. Tracey T. Travis
2. To approve, in a non-binding vote, the compensation of our named executive officers.
3. To approve an amendment to the Amended and Restated Accenture plc 2010 Share Incentive Plan (the 2010 SIP) to increase the number of shares available for issuance.
4. To ratify, in a non-binding vote, the appointment of KPMG LLP (KPMG) as independent auditors of Accenture and to authorize, in a binding vote, the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors to determine KPMGs remuneration.
5. To grant the Board of Directors the authority to issue shares under Irish law.
6. To grant the Board of Directors the authority to opt-out of pre-emption rights under Irish law.
7. To determine the price range at which Accenture can re-allot shares that it acquires as treasury shares under Irish law.
8. To approve an internal merger transaction.
9. To amend the Companys Articles of Association to no longer require shareholder approval of certain internal transactions.